What would a roast dinner be without roast potatoes? For the best roast potatoes use a floury potato such as Maris Piper, Golden Wonder or Rooster.
Like most of “Big Sis” recipes using superb produce in turn gives excellent results! Now it’s not a case of quantity, as much as who is coming for dinner? Try to aim for 150g/6oz/person we all know we like our tatties here in Scotland and Summer Harvest Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil gives you that edge so you are guaranteed to have pinched a few before they have made the table!!
1. Pre heat the oven to 200oC / 400oF / gas 6.
2. Heat the rapeseed oil in a roasting tray on the top shelf of the oven until very hot.
3. Cut the tatties into even sizes, you do not even need to peel them.
4. Place the tatties in a pan, don’t tell your granny but pour boiling water over them and boil for 8 mins
5. Drain off the liquid but remember save some of the liquid for gravy.
6. Either put the tatties into a sieve, colander or back in the pot with the lid on.
7. You need to duff them up by giving them a good shake to flake the edges, looking quite powdery round the edge (that’s for the crispy bit)
8. Take the roasting tray from oven and place it on the hot stove top.
9. Put the tatties in tray and coat all with the rapeseed oil to prevent sticking.
10. Now pop them into the oven, close the oven door and leave for 45 mins. (You don’t need to turn them!!)
11. Have the table ready with everything there including your guests. Sprinkle with salt and take the oven tray straight to table.
Serve with vegetables and a roast joint !! and why wait for Sunday… have a roast any day of the week.
Share Our Journey
The Summer Harvest Team love to share recipe ideas and images with our customers, if you have an idea for a recipe, or images of a meal you’re particularly proud of, share it with us!
We are discovering new uses for our Oils, Dressings and vinegars everyday from our customers so keep sharing via Facebook and Twitter, you may even get a recipe featured on the website with your name by the side.